The Sharjah Investment and Development Authority, also known as Shurooq, was established as per the Emiri Decree no.2 of 2009 that was issued by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council Ruler of Sharjah, for which it shall perform the following tasks: –
- Implement Infrastructure projects in the various investment, tourist and heritage areas and set the necessary programs for their completion.
- Remove the obstacles facing the investment activity and provide all possible facilities and incentives for investors.
- Establish a comprehensive information center and prepare a media plan to encourage all types of investments upon coordination with relevant entities to issue necessary media material.
- Grant permits for investment projects and develop same
- Prepare the infrastructure of investment project and update and upgrade existing one, and establish special investment areas.
- Propose and prepare investment legislations in the Emirate, taking into consideration the value of the Emirate.
- Invest in investment projects and seek to conclude partnership with similar authorities or institutions within and outside the Emirate.
- Create Investment opportunities in the Emirate and develop a national cadre.
- Cooperate with the government departments, institutions and authorities and members of the community to develop and promote the Emirate as an investment destination in the state to enhance the reputation and position of the Emirate at the local and international levels.
- Forming and incorporating the companies in all types thereof, participating in the same, participating in the capital and works thereof and in the contracts thereof whether local or international.
- Managing, operating and developing the projects, facilities, buildings, utilities and facades inside and outside the Emirate.
- Any other mandates assigned to the Authority by Emirate Ruler.
Shurooq is the driving force behind the transformation of Sharjah. Guided by our traditions and inspired by innovation, we are committed to enhancing Sharjah’s appeal as an investment, tourism, and business destination. An independent government entity, we facilitate partnerships and connect investors, corporations, and entrepreneurs with the right opportunities.
To achieve its mission, Shurooq seeks to evaluate and follow-up on tourism, investment, and heritage-related infrastructure projects, participating in the comprehensive construction and development processes both within the emirate of Sharjah and in the U.A.E. as a whole. The Authority values professionalism, and provides sound consultation resulting from study and experience.
Team spirit is important, as the Authority believes in the importance of shared responsibility as the key to true success in the effective building and development of projects and business relations. Through this, Shurooq hopes to prepare investment-related infrastructure projects and modernise and develop existing ones, working in sectors including, but not limited to, retail, government, construction, real estate, agriculture, and more.
Through setting up a comprehensive information centre that highlights investment opportunities,Shurooq has facilitated development targets with other bodies and organisations and has set up special investment zones and suggested investment-related laws to further facilitate these endeavours.
This includes enhancing integration with government and private organisations to ensure achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals as well as encouraging free circulation of information and data between legal, tourism, and economic bodies. Shurooq believes in the principles of transparency, exchange of information and support experiences.